Licensing - Quebec
In the province of Quebec, the "insurance of persons" certificate is delivered by the l’Autorité des marchés financiers.
Here is an overview of the requirements:
- Minimum training requirements
- Examinations (5 exams)
- Training period (90 days for Insurance of Persons)
To obtain more information, go to the l’Autorité des marchés financiers website: www.lautorite.qc.ca.
Licensing - Outside
The LLQP is the only program for life licensing at the present time.
There are two options:
- Enrol for the full LLQP program
- Enrol for the Restricted LLQP program (similar in nature to the old Level 1 exam).
Under the restricted program the successful applicant is required to be supervised for a 2-year period and then must complete the full LLQP program during that time frame.
Two providers of the LLQP program are:
- Canadian Securities Institute
Life-License Application Process
The application process is different for each province.
Select a province below for details explaining what is required.